- It is an objective of Nittany Christian School to strive aggressively for excellence in academic instruction. The School shall endeavor to maintain or exceed the academic, staff and physical standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, “Regulations for Private, Academic Schools” as long as these regulations do not conflict with the philosophy of the School.
- It is an objective of the School to encourage children to salvation in Jesus Christ and to support, nurture, and disciple the child in spiritual growth and commitment. The importance of evangelism and missions shall be emphasized. Children shall be encouraged to participate in the worship and activities of their church and to seek Christian fellowship. The importance of Bible study and Scripture memorization shall be stressed. Application of spiritual truths to the children’s daily lives and the necessity of obedience to the Word of God shall be emphasized.
- It is an objective of the School that all curricula used in the School shall be under the supervision of the Headmaster and under the authority and approval of the Board of Directors, and shall be re-examined on a rotating, annual basis.
- It is an objective of the School that all curricula must be thoroughly sequenced and integrated within the grades and from grade to grade. Curricula used in each class shall be documented, controlled and maintained.
- It is an objective of the School that staff members should understand the spiritual nature and responsibilities of their ministry in the School.
- It is an objective of the School that staff members would understand their obligation to serve as Christian role models to the students.
- It is an objective of the School to instruct children in the care of their physical bodies and to provide instruction in physical activities which will profit them throughout their lives.
- It is an objective of the School to work in cooperation with the parents and family in ministering in the lives of the children. The children shall be encouraged to communicate openly with the family. The School shall respect the private life of the family and shall teach children to honor the family authority.
- It is an objective of the School to develop a sense of patriotism in children, teaching them the Christian heritage of our nation, and recounting to them how the Lord has blessed us as a people. Respect for those in authority shall be emphasized.
- It is a purpose of Nittany Christian School to minister spiritually, scholastically, emotionally, and physically to the whole child.
- It is a purpose of the School to lead children to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and to encourage them to serve Him with a committed heart throughout life. The importance of evangelism and missions shall be stressed along with the necessity of worship and Christian fellowship.
- It is a purpose of the School to develop in children an understanding of Biblical morals, ethics, and values, and to encourage children to read and obey the instructions of the Holy Bible as the only authoritative and inerrant word of God.
- It is a purpose of the School to teach Biblical truths and God-centered principles which counter humanistic philosophies and worldly influences on children.
- It is a purpose of the School to have a staff which is spiritually mature, academically competent, and thoroughly committed to serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the teaching ministry of the School. The staff shall be encouraged and supported in prayer and in training.
- It is a purpose of the School to provide a warm, nurturing environment for the children.