The following statements define the boundaries of the School’s teaching on doctrine.
- There is one God who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believed in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish his Kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation if His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God; he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life, for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible and pre-millennial. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
| School Objectives and Purposes
- It is an objective of Nittany Christian School to strive aggressively for excellence in academic instruction. The School shall endeavor to maintain or exceed the academic, staff and physical standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, “Regulations for Private, Academic Schools” as long as these regulations do not conflict with the philosophy of the School.
- It is an objective of the School to encourage children to salvation in Jesus Christ and to support, nurture, and disciple the child in spiritual growth and commitment. The importance of evangelism and missions shall be emphasized. Children shall be encouraged to participate in the worship and activities of their church and to seek Christian fellowship. The importance of Bible study and Scripture memorization shall be stressed. Application of spiritual truths to the children’s daily lives and the necessity of obedience to the Word of God shall be emphasized.
- It is an objective of the School that all curricula used in the School shall be under the supervision of the Headmaster and under the authority and approval of the Board of Directors, and shall be re-examined on a rotating, annual basis.
- It is an objective of the School that all curricula must be thoroughly sequenced and integrated within the grades and from grade to grade. Curricula used in each class shall be documented, controlled and maintained.
- It is an objective of the School that staff members should understand the spiritual nature and responsibilities of their ministry in the School.
- It is an objective of the School that staff members would understand their obligation to serve as Christian role models to the students.
- It is an objective of the School to instruct children in the care of their physical bodies and to provide instruction in physical activities which will profit them throughout their lives.
- It is an objective of the School to work in cooperation with the parents and family in ministering in the lives of the children. The children shall be encouraged to communicate openly with the family. The School shall respect the private life of the family and shall teach children to honor the family authority.
- It is an objective of the School to develop a sense of patriotism in children, teaching them the Christian heritage of our nation, and recounting to them how the Lord has blessed us as a people. Respect for those in authority shall be emphasized.
- It is a purpose of Nittany Christian School to minister spiritually, scholastically, emotionally, and physically to the whole child.
- It is a purpose of the School to lead children to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and to encourage them to serve Him with a committed heart throughout life. The importance of evangelism and missions shall be stressed along with the necessity of worship and Christian fellowship.
- It is a purpose of the School to develop in children an understanding of Biblical morals, ethics, and values, and to encourage children to read and obey the instructions of the Holy Bible as the only authoritative and inerrant word of God.
- It is a purpose of the School to teach Biblical truths and God-centered principles which counter humanistic philosophies and worldly influences on children.
- It is a purpose of the School to have a staff which is spiritually mature, academically competent, and thoroughly committed to serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the teaching ministry of the School. The staff shall be encouraged and supported in prayer and in training.
- It is a purpose of the School to provide a warm, nurturing environment for the children.
Full Time Positions :
- Elementary Teacher
- Middle School Math
Please create an application packet which should include:
- Cover Letter
- Standard PA Application
- College Transcripts
- Copies of Act 34, Act 151
- FBI Criminal Clearance
- Our Statement of Faith Form (available below)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
The deadline for application is June 7, 2013.
Send complete application packet to:
- Nittany Christian School
Attn: Nancy Eberly
1221 W. Whitehall Road
State College, PA 16801
|Page 2 of 2